Are you in search of one of the Best Pulse Oximeters in India? If so, then you are at the right place where you will receive every detail that you should focus on before buying any product.
Pulse Oximetry is a process to monitor the oxygen saturation level. It’s reading of peripheral oxygen saturation (SpO2). This displays the percentages of blood loaded in oxygen.
We have presented a list of Best Pulse Oximeters In India for respiratory therapists, doctors & other healthcare professionals and that can be used at home.
If you plan to use it for medical purposes, please be sure to consult with your doctor. Apart from that please check the manufacturer of the product as well and read the directions of use.
Medical Disclaimer: Please be sure to check with the manufacturer and please consult your doctor before using a pulse oximeter for medical purposes.
How to use pulse Oximeter?
Advantages of using a Pulse Oximetry:-
Pulse oximetry is convenient for noninvasive continuous measurement of blood oxygen saturation.
A pulse oximeter is used to monitor oxygenation and also necessary to measure carbon dioxide (CO2) levels.
It’s very effective and easy to use. Pulse oximeters are also used to help with the early detection of COVID-19 infections in this pandemic.
It’s very helpful or proved to be a boon for patients who are suffering from:-
- Cardiovascular diseases
- It helps to monitor blood saturation over time.
- Helps in alerting the low blood oxygen levels especially in the case of newborns.
- It is very helpful for people under anesthesia.
- It is used in case of infants, which can alert the hospital staff if oxygen saturation drops,
Best Pulse oximeters are also helpful for those who wish to lead a healthy and active lifestyle (despite their medical condition), keeping a constant check on their blood oxygen level and oxygenated hemoglobin is essential.
Buyers guide while selecting the Best Pulse Oximeter:-
Pulse oximeter helps in checking the blood flow, heart rate, and oxygen saturation levels at home. Before choosing the best pulse oximeter, we need to go through each detail minutely. Here are follows:
- Portability: The finger pulse oximeters are usually small in size and can be easily carried in a pocket or bag.
The patients who need to monitor their SpO2 levels usually carry the oximeter with them always. In such cases, the oximeter should be portable.
- Accuracy:- The pulse oximeter is fairly accurate. Accuracy is one of the first things that you should check before buying the pulse oximeter. It should provide more than 90% accuracy and you can test a few times before concluding.
In most of the pulse oximeters that are available online or Local pharmacy the oxygen saturation levels are +2% or -2% of the actual reading.
- Great & trustable Brand:- It is also recommended to buy a pulse oximeter from a reputed and well-known brand. Do not compromise with this and price factor. Good brands generally offer a good warranty with the product. Branded products are more durable.
- Finger Size: – The pulse oximeter that you buy must fit in your fingers properly and that should give an exact reading. But how will you decide which pulse oximeter fits your finger best?
Well, most of the pulse oximeters come with adjustable spring that can fit a wide range of finger sizes. Our recommendation is that you should buy the adjustable pulse oximeters so that it can be used by other family members if required.
- Display Size and Readability:- Since it is a small device, you should pay attention to see the numbers on the display. It is always good to have a good and bright display.
Always go for the one which has a large display so that elder family members can read the numbers without much effort.
- Durability: Durability is an important factor that you should consider before buying a pulse oximeter. This type of device prevents damage to the unit. Generally, the pulse oximeters are durable for years until they are broken or start giving false readings.
Some pulse oximeters come with shockproof silicon covers that prevent the device against damages and scratches while using it. Some pulse oximeters are waterproof and humidity-resistant.
The major reason behind device failure is humidity so a good durable device should be waterproof and humidity-resistant.
- Battery Life:- If you need to use the pulse oximeter daily, you must buy a device that can provide you continuous support. Depending on this factor there are two types of pulse oximeter available in the market :
1. Lithium: These models come with lithium batteries and are rechargeable. Because of this, they are a bit costly.
2. AAA Battery: These models use AAA batteries and cheaper than lithium ones. These devices can work for approx 32 working hours.
- Visible Display:- Display should be well enough and clear so that users should not face any issue while reading the results. Some models come with backlit and a variety of color options. You can choose any color you want.
- Ease of Usage:- A pulse oximeter should always be easy to use and must not require any technical knowledge.
Well, most of the finger pulse oximeters are easy to use. Just put your finger in the pulse oximeter and press the start button or turn on the button and then wait for around 10 seconds your result will be displayed on the screen.
- Price:- You can get a great quality Pulse Oximeter with a price range of Rs. 1000 – Rs. 5000. Few of the products are under 1000 that we have listed for those who have a very tight budget.
- Warranty & Return Policy:- Everyone should check the warranty and return policy before selecting the product. Good brands like Dr. Trust offers a good warranty and customer service that’s why these are at top of our list.
- Response Time:– The average response time of new modern pulse oximeters is around 10 seconds which is fast enough.
- Auto Power:-The pulse oximeter with this feature will turn on automatically when you place your finger into the device. On the other hand, the device will turn off automatically after a few seconds when you remove your finger from the device.
This feature helps the device to save power and saves your effort to recharge it multiple times in a day.
- Warnings:- There are 3 types of warnings that you should know while using the pulse oximeter:
1. Low oxygen saturation:- In hospitals or at home it is a very useful feature. Whenever your SpO2 level drops the device produces a beep or buzzer sound to alert you about the danger.
In this case, you may have blurred vision or may face dizziness so the sound produced by the pulse oximeter will alert hospital staff or people near you.
2. Heartbeat Warning:- The pulse oximeter will produce an alarming sound to alert hospital staff or people nearby when your heartbeat is irregular i.e. not steady.
3. Low Battery Warning:-In hospitals where continuous monitoring is necessary the device should have a low battery alarm or indicator so that you can change the battery or recharge it timely.
10 Best Pulse Oximeters in India 2020
1. Dr. Trust (USA) Signature Series Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter With Audio Alarm
This is one of the best brands in the Pulse Oximeter category. Because of its features, specifications, easy to use we have listed it in our list.
This pulse oximeter is very affordable and its best way to check blood oxygen saturation levels. This product is very helpful for athletes and pilots to obtain quick and accurate oxygen saturation readings. This is one of the best pulse oximeter available for medical professionals.
- Water-resistant:- This product is designed to withstand an accidental splash of water and the product is water-resistant that is the feature every Pulse Oximeter has.
- Doctor’s choice: – It measures quickly and accurately pulse rate and spo2 blood oxygen saturation of arterial hemoglobin levels.
- Durable & Compact: – This product is light and compact and it accommodates a wide range of finger sizes and it’s having a long battery life.
- The product includes:- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, User Manual, 2-AAA Batteries.
- Warranty & Return Policy:- It provides six months Warranty from the date of invoice generation for free by registering on the manufacturer website within 15 days.
2. (Made in INDIA) Fitup Life Pulse Oximeter
Great product and having various specifications
Product manufactured in India Product
This product proides the features of a conventional Oximeter in a user-friendly, portable configuration This item is accurately measures Blood Oxygen Saturation Levels, Heart Pulse Rate (PR) E Perfusion index (PI) along with a SpO2 waveform on an easy to read in the LED display.
- Type of Oximeter:- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter.
- Warranty:- It includes a One Year Warranty and having Light and compact, accommodates a wide range of finger sizes, long battery life.
- Features:- It comprises Two Colour LED display & that comes with two AAA battery
3. Choicemmed Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter
This pulse oximeter is having a portable non-invasive monitor for measuring blood oxygen saturation level , pulse rate at home, medical clinics, hospitals and doctor’s office
- Display type and parameter –It’s having dual-color OLED display, displays SPO2, PR, PI (perfusion index), pulse bar, and waveform.
- Accuracy – The results are highly accurate for the measurement of oxygen level and pulse rate.
- Brightness – In this product, the user brightness-adjustable up to 10 levels.
- Warranty – This product provides one year warranty against any kind of manufacturing defect.
4. MEDITIVE Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
This is one of the best rated pulse oximeters on Amazon. Its OLED makes it superior to its competitors. As it has an OLED screen it’s display and readability are better than others available in the market.
It is manufactured as per the pulse oximeter standards used by the medical professionals. It comes with 2XAAA batteries.
- Water-resistant– It is splash-proof and water-resistant.
- Auto Power On and Off – After a few minutes of inactivity the device will turn off automatically.
- Buzzer – Whenever the SpO2 level drops it will raise an alarm by producing a buzzer sound.
- Response Time – Within 6-8 seconds you will get an accurate pulse rate and SpO2 readings.
- Respiratory Rates (RR) – The Respiratory rate is measured as number of breaths per minute. It also displays Respiratory rate which is very helpful feature.
The MEDITIVE Pulse Oximeter displays:
1. Blood oxygen SPO2 value,
2. Pulse Rate PR value,
4. PI (perfusion index)
5. Respiratory Rate (RR)
- Accurate – Accurately determine your blood oxygen saturation levels, Respiratory Rate.
- ACCESSORIES – This product includes 2 X AAA Batteries and a Lanyard.
- WARRANTY:- This product having 1-year warranty
5. Shadow Securitronics Respiratory Rate Smart Care
The best thing about this pulse oximeter is its accuracy. It determines SpO2 and heart pulse rate with medical-grade accuracy. It comes with dual-color multi-direction OLED display.
It comes with a Smart spring system that can accommodate a wide range of finger sizes.
- Auto Power Off – The device will power off automatically in case of no signal.
- Graph – It can display real-time PR waveform and bar graph.
- Alert – In case of emergency, it will alert you by producing an audible beep sound.
- It comes with two AAA batteries that will help you to jump-start as soon as you install the AAA batteries.
- It has a low battery indication on display so that you can replace the batteries.
- Unique Features – Anti motion measurement and Comfortable silicon film
- Product Uses: Widely used in hospitals, home, community medical treatment, sports healthcare, etc. MADE in INDIA.
- Portable: This Oximeter is simple and completely pain-free measurement and very easy to use.
- Requirements:- Monitoring oxygen saturation levels in people under anesthesia.
6. OTICA Medtech Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter
- ACCURATE and RELIABLE: This oximeter can measure and monitor heart rate, SpO2 and pulse intensity.
- PORTABLE: The monitor is very light and easy to transfer from one place to another.
- WEIGHT: The device is very small in size and lightweight. It comes with a detachable lanyard so that you can use it anywhere you want.
- Display: It can display pulse graphs and waveforms to display any irregularities.
- Alert: It produces a beep sound in case of any emergency.
- WARRANTY AND SUPPORT: 12-month Product Quality Warranty, this product is providing.
7. Dr Trust Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter
Great Brand and Premium Quality Product
This is one of the best brands in the Pulse Oximeter category. Because of its features, specifications, easy to use we have included it in our list.
As its name suggest this pulse oximeter is trusted by doctors because of its fast and accurate measurements. It will quickly and accurately measures your blood oxygen levels i.e SpO2 and pulse rate.
This device comes with bright larger LED display to display readings conveniently. The Dr. Trust pulse oximeter allows you to view your results in any direction with the help of its multiple directional display which makes it easy to use.
It is best choice for Athletes as it shows Perfusion Index , Pulse Rate, bar graph, SpO2 level, Pulse wave, Battery level and more.
It comes with detachable lanyard and is small in size. This pulse oximeter can accommodate wide range of finger sizes.
This product helps you to check pulse rates and blood oxygen saturation levels.
WATER RESISTANT IP 22 : This product is designed to withstand an accidental splash of water.
This product accurately determine your blood oxygen saturation levels.
Compact and Features: This product is light, compact and accommodates a wide range of finger sizes. Also it have a long battery life.
8. Sansui Digital Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
It is one of the cheapest pulse oximeter available on Amazon. This single button pulse oximeter measures the blood oxygen saturation levels i.e. SpO2 and pulse rate.
It comes with an auto shut off feature which turns off the device after 7-8 seconds once the finger is removed from the device.
This device will quickly and accurately gives you result within 8 seconds. Its 4 color TFT display makes it easy to read readings indoors and outdoors. It comes with multi directional display.
The perfusion index is a convenient way to measure the intensity of pulse. If value is less than 0.2%, that means your finger is too cold or the position of finger in oximeter is incorrect.
The SANSUI Fingertip Pulse Oximeter is manufactured and designed for sports aviators, trainers, enthusiasts, bikers, mountain climbers.
This product offers an affordable and precise way to check your blood oxygen saturation levels.
Made in India Product & Warranty:- This product is now with 1-year SANSUI warranty.
9. Smart Saver Pulse Digital Premium Fingertip Oximeter
This product is also very effective in terms of usability and convenience.Also it’s very safe and providing an accurate result.
- WARRANTY & LIFETIME CUSTOMER SUPPORT: The product comes with 12 Months Warranty on all manufacturing defects from the date of purchase.
- EASY AND CONVENIENCE-All of the information on the two colored display is neatly organized with SpO2, PR-bpm (pulse), pulse strength, and Perfusion index.
- DISPLAY:- The bright OLED display offers an easy viewing experience that works well in both dark and light environments. All easily visible and coordinated for quick assessments
10. DR VAKU® DR01 Swadesi Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter
This is one of the best value products in the Pulse Oximeter category. Because of its features, specifications, easy to use we have listed it in our list.
- Accurate:- This product gives almost the accurate & desired result.
- Bright OLED Display:- The bright OLED display allows use in any environment – from dark surrounding to bright sunlight.
- Portable and Lightweight::- The small size of the oximeter makes it easy for you to carry around in your everyday life.
Final Verdict, our top picks are comprised of reputed brands and best-selling products. We hope you like this post. Please feel free to join this discussion and provide your valuable feedback.
1. How pulse oximeters works?
To understand how pulse oximeters works first we need to understand what oxygen saturation is.
Our body contains RBC i.e. Red Blood Cells that contains haemoglobin and these haemoglobin carries oxygen that is called “saturated with oxygen”. Pulse Oximetry is a noninvasive method that measures the oxygen saturation level in your blood.
The haemoglobin that contains oxygen called as oxygenated haemoglobin (oxy Hb). The haemoglobin that doesn’t contains oxygen called as deoxygenated haemoglobin (deoxy Hb). The pulse oximeter measures the percentage of oxygen carried out in haemoglobin.
All pulse oximeter consist of light emitting diode that emits 2 type of Red lights that is detected by light detector.
The pulse oximeter consists of a light source and a light detector. The light source emits the light which traverses across the pulse oximeter and then it reaches the light detector. The finger is placed between the light detector and the light source. The finger absorbs some part of the light and other part is passed through the finger to the light detector.
The pulse oximeter measures the oxygen saturation by analysing the amount of light absorbed by finger.
2. Are pulse oximeters accurate?
The pulse oximeter is fairly accurate. It also depends on some conditions for e.g. they are less accurate when the patient has long nails or wearing nail polish.
Most pulse oximeters come with an accuracy of +2% or -2% of your oxygen saturation level. For e.g. if your oxygen saturation reading is 94% then your actual saturation can range between 92% to 96%.
3. Can pulse oximeters detect Covid 19?
Well this depend on criticality of patient. Not all patient who has tested positive for Covid-19 will have low oxygen levels.
4. What pulse oximeters are fda approved?
FDA considers all pulse oximeters as prescription medical equipment. Pulse oximeters that labeled with “not for medical use” on their packaging were not FDA approved. The pulse oximeters which are FDA approved must have the FDA number on the product label.
5. Do all the pulse oximeters come with an auto power-off feature?
Well most of the pulse oximeters comes with auto power off feature to save power. If the device is inactive for few minutes it will turn off.
6. Do pulse oximeter also measure co2 retention?
No. Pulse oximeter only measures SpO2.
7. Should I get a pulse oximeter?
Well, not all people need pulse oximeters. If you have medical conditions that require monitoring blood oxygen levels or you are into high altitude sports. But nowadays pulse oximeter is being used in the early detection of COVID 19 patients.
8. What are different types of pulse Oximeter?
There are various types of pulse oximeters available in India. Let’s go through each one by one:
1. Fingertip Pulse Oximeter:-
As the name suggests these pulse oximeters will measure the blood oxygen saturation by placing your fingertips in the device. These are very small in size, portable, and can be easily carried out in pocket or bag.
Fingertip Pulse Oximeters are made up of two things 1) Light source. 2) Light detector. It consists of light-emitting diodes which emits the light of different wavelength.
When a finger is placed in the device between the device probe and light detector it measures the amount of light absorbed by the finger and accordingly measures the blood oxygen saturation level.
The finger pulse oximeter is operated on battery usually AAA batteries so that you can measure SpO2 level whenever you want.
2. Handheld Pulse Oximeter:
Handheld Pulse oximeters basically consist of two parts sensor probe and handheld monitor. Both are connected through a wire. The reusable sensor is attached at the end of the wire is clipped on to the finger and the other end is connected to a handheld monitor.
This device is compatible with different types of reusable sensors and also, gives the choice of different sites which include hand, foot, earlobes, finger, or toe.
As it is a handheld device with a bigger display the manufacturers can incorporate a wide variety of functions such as data storage, rechargeable batteries, and audible alarms. These are more accurate than the finger pulse oximeter.
3. Tabletop Pulse Oximeter:
These pulse oximeters are basically a bigger version of the handheld pulse oximeter. It also consists of a probe and display monitor and both of them are connected through a cable.
These are basically ideal for hospitals and other medical clinics. It comes with a powerful memory of around 65 hours for extended monitoring.
It comes with flexible Alarm settings that include patient security mode, volume and date/time settings, and lock alarm units.
4. Wrist Worn Pulse Oximeters:
The Wrist-worn pulse oximeters are worn on the wrist just like wristwatches. It comprises of wrist blood oxygen monitor and sensor and both of them are connected through a cable. The sensor probe is clipped to the fingertip and the wrist monitor is worn on the wrist to read the readings more conveniently.
The wrist monitor usually comes with multi-directional OLED. The wrist monitor displays the pulse rate (PR), blood oxygen saturation (SpO2), pulse waveform, pulse bar graph, and battery level indicator.
It is basically used to monitor the overnight pulse rates and blood oxygen saturation when the patient sleeps at night. It comes with a good memory to keep the history of readings which helps doctors to analyze the history of blood oxygen saturation levels (SpO2).
5. Pediatric Pulse Oximeters:
Pediatric relates to the medicine branch dealing with children and infants. It is suitable for newborns or children below 3 years of age. Pediatric Pulse Oximeters are designed in a way to accommodate very small size fingers and toes.
The commonly used finger pulse oximeters are bigger in size and not suitable for small fingers of newborns and babies. Same as finger pulse oximeters the pediatric pulse oximeters measures the blood oxygen saturation levels.
The good branded models come with Anti motion features which gives accurate reading even though the baby is moving the hands.
It comes with different types of sensors:
- Reusable Wrap Sensors: As the name suggests it can be used multiple times and comes with a disposable bandage that can be replaced.
- Disposable Wrap Sensors: It is made for single use and used for continuous usage typically over 1 hour and quick readings.
- Reusable Clip Sensors: It lasts for at least 1 year. It is used for quick readings and spot checks. If left for a long time it can fatigue the finger or toe.
- Reusable Soft sensors: It lasts for at least 2 years. As the name suggests it is made up of soft silicone material that is durable and applies very little pressure on the finger.
Because of this, it is best for newborns and babies. As it does not harm fingers it can be used for a long time.